Frequently Asked Questions
Where did you go to school and how long did it take?
I have a Diploma from Portland Beauty School in Esthetics, a BS in Health Education from Portland State University (Go Viks!), a Master’s Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Oregon College of Oriental Medicine. and a Doctorate Degree in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine from Pacific College of Health and Science.
Undergrad took me 5 years to complete as I changed my major twice, beauty school took a year and acupuncture schooling was a total of 6 years between graduate school and the doctoral program.
Does Acupressure or Ear Seeds hurt?
Some areas will be tender, but most people find acupressure and ear seeds pretty comfortable.
Should I tell my Doctor I am using herbs?
Yes please! Herbal Medicine can become even more effective when used in conjunction with other forms of health care. It is always a good idea to let your primary health care physician know that you are receiving treatments.
If you are taking any medications, don’t stop taking them without the advice of your prescribing doctor. Always discuss any issues concerning your medication with your primary health care physician.
What Skincare Lines do you carry?
I carry many skincare lines to address the many concerns I see in my office! I also bring in exclusive treatments seasonally. Ones that you will see a lot on my back bar and home care routines are Storyderm Korea, Hale and Hush, bt-ceuticals, ToGoSpa and of course a couple of my own! I am proud to state that all of the skincare I use and carry are 100% Gluten Free and Cruelty Free.
Will I test positive on a drug test if I use CBD skincare products?
Nope! The CBD products I carry is third party tested and has absolutely zero trace of THC! It’s an amazing form of treatment with zero down-time. All of the companies I work with are amazing and transparent.
How long will it take to get improvement?
This depends on what we are working on. Simple issues or acute problems can take as little as 4-6 weeks to resolve. Chronic conditions may need more time for change to occur. When someone reaches their goals (yay!) we will discuss maintenance options.
With the modalities I use, each treatment builds on the previous one. I always individualize each treatment plan according to your specific condition and goals as no two cases are the same. Each treatment builds on the previous one.
Do you take insurance for your sessions?
Sadly, no. While accepting insurance is something I would love to do, it is difficult because of my specialty. I have found that my claims are rejected more often than accepted and it was causing more stress for my clients when they later had to be billed. If you are in Oregon or Washington state I will happily produce an itemized receipt (superbill) that you can submit yourself. Many clients have been able to receive at least a partial reimbursement for some services.
What is telehealth and who does it work for?
Telehealth appointments are “Skype Style” Virtual Services that were created so I could continue to treat ANYONE no matter where they live. Here are some other reasons you may choose telehealth:
- You are a high risk individual who needs to shelter in place
- You are a new parent trying to juggle your newborn’s schedules with life
- You are a Professional stuck at the office and can’t get away for an appointment
- You live in a remote community with no local clinic to attend
- Weather makes it so you can’t get out of your driveway
- You are a practitioner whom wish to consult with a “niche” services provider
- You live in a community that does not have the specific services you need
There will always remain circumstances where an in-person visit is preferable ~ but research is continuing to show us that virtual visits can address and treat the same needs, and to the same level of care, for MANY conditions that an in person session can.
What services can I receive via telehealth?
You can still receive many of my services via telehealth including:
- Acupressure lessons
- Earseed protocols
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Supplement Consultations
- Makeup Bag Makeovers
- Professional Skincare Consultations
- Virtual Facial lessons
- Makeup Tutorials
How does a telehealth appointment work?
All you need is an internet connection, access to a desktop, laptop, smart phone or tablet, and to follow these instructions:
- Book your appointment HERE or by emailing or calling my office at (707)780-2273. * Please note your credit card information will be collected at time of booking to secure your appointment.
- Complete your intake forms. They will be automatically sent to you when you finish booking your appointment.
- You can join your telehealth appointment using either a cell phone/ tablet or a desktop computer
- Please arrive to your appointment a few minutes early ** note: from a desktop please use google chrome or safari web browser **
- When I am ready for you I will welcome you from the waiting room with live video connection into your private and secure appointment.
To ensure you have a great appointment please ensure the following:
- Your camera is set up in a location that allows you to move around and still be seen
- You have clear audio – you may want to consider using earbuds for clearer sound (not necessary)
- You have a private space free of distraction so you can focus on your appointment
Following your appointment I will summarize the goals and treatment plan you agree on, assist you with booking your follow-up sessions, and send you off with your homework