The Durfey Difference
As you have probably figured out already, Dr. Melissa aka My Self Care Doc is not your average Doctor.
It is my mission to help you love the skin you’re in with a combination of techniques from East and West. I promise to always continue to research and improve my skills, techniques and technology. I believe that every body is beautiful and that you deserve to feel fabulous!
I have a Doctorate Degree in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, A Master's Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, a Bachelor's Degree in Health Education and multiple certifications, most of them science related.
Being a highly educated provider puts me in a unique position to study skin from multiple perspectives and traditions. My personal mottos is: “Never Stop Learning.”
I complete a minimum of 3 hours of webinars or continuing education podcasts per week and always make sure I am on the cutting edge of new research on both Eastern and Western skincare interventions.
Because my practice has a digital option you can have an appointment just about anywhere with an internet connection from any device! Yes, there is an app for that!
For those who are in Petaluma, my office is located just outside of downtown (so we could get dedicated parking) and right across from the SMART Train Station.
In Office Safety
Even before out current global crisis I went above and beyond recommended safety measures and now I am taking things even further to make you feel safe and confident with my services. Here are just a few of the extra steps I am taking at my office: (There are many, many more that I follow to meet state and national professional guidelines) P.S. I am also fully vaccinated to protect you even more!
- No Glove No (Facial) Love: All facial services will be performed using non-latex gloves
- Increased Single Use Skincare Products: Many of my skincare products are individually sealed, those that are not are dispensed from a sanitized bottle into a single use tray.
- Double Sanitizing of Equipment: All equipment will be sanitized with appropriate EPA Registered Disinfectant and then placed in a UV cabinet.
- Paperless Office: All of my intake paperwork is digital. All of my brochures and post treatment instructions also have digital versions and can be able to be emailed to you upon request.
As a HAES® informed provider, I designed my practice to be a place where everyone can be comfortable.
I am a LGBTQIA+ friendly provider and am always happy to offer a safe and non judgmental space. It has been an honor to work with the LGBTQIA+ community.
My Practice is a Body Positive Zone, so there are a few rules that I do enforce:
- No Diet or Weight Talk
- No Body Policing (criticizing appearance based on body shape or size)
- No Food Shaming
- No Health or Concern Trolling (while I may offer you health advice based on your goals it will be from a weight-neutral place.)
- No Gender Policing
- No Ableism
- No Racist Beauty Standards